My NOLA topic


The topic I have chosen is house prices in New Orleans after Katrina. I can find out what the stats about the prices before and after Katrina, and I can research possible causes as to why there has been such a change. I will gather statistics about the housing market in New Orleans and compare them to the rest of Louisiana and the national market. The reason I have chosen this topic is that the economic downturn has drastically affecting the house market. I have heard people say that the Louisiana housing market has usually been doing the opposite of how the national housing market is faring, but I want to see if that is fact or myth. I could get a number of samples of houses in New Orleans and see if they are a good representation of the population of Louisiana or the entire nation. Doing so will be a great way to use what I have learned about population statistics and statistical inference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment